top of page

Trademark Renewal Filings

In order to maintain your exclusive rights in a registered trademark, you must continuously be using your trademark or any periods of nonuse must be excusable. The first date that the United States Patent and Trademark Office requires owners of registered trademarks to submit proof of their continued use or excusable nonuse of their registered trademark is on or between the fifth and sixth anniversaries of the registration date of the trademark. Proper declarations of use and/or excusable nonuse must be filed within this time frame in order to prevent your trademark registration from being cancelled. 

Additionally, on or between the tenth and eleventh anniversaries of the registration of a trademark, and every ten years thereafter, proper declarations of use and/or excusable nonuse along with an application for renewal must be filed. If these filings are not properly made, then your registered trademark will be cancelled.  

The United States Patent and Trademark Office does allow a six month grace period after the due dates of the required filings, in which these filings may be made with an additional fee. 


Contact our experienced trademark attorneys for an affordable flat fee quote on all of your renewal filings. Our attorneys are happy to use their expertise to help you maintain your exclusive trademark rights. Please contact our trademark attorneys for help in renewing your trademarks or for any other general questions about trademarks.

Contact Us Today To Begin Your Trademark Protection

Our trademark attorneys are ready to listen to you and to tailor a unique plan that fits your needs and grants you the greatest degree of trademark protection at an affordable price. We offer flat-fee quotes for trademark registration and for many of our other trademark services, as well as hourly rates depending on our clients' unique situations and needs. If you are ready to begin your trademark registration, enforcement, or have questions about trademarks, call us today to speak to an attorney or fill out our message form.   


(650) 285-1799


(801) 753-9055

(435) 650-8019

Colorado & Eastern Utah

Get Help Now


(650) 285-1799


Colorado & Eastern Utah........

(801) 753-9055

(435) 650-8019


For answers to questions or for counseling, please contact our office. The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.

Thanks! Message sent.

bottom of page